spreading christmas cheer for all to hear
the first snowfall this season just got me all giddy for the holidays. looking at lights, attending holiday parties, baking cookies!! the list is endless! there are so many ways to show your gratitude to others this season. just tonight i was grocery shopping and there were no more 24 packs of water bottles, only 12. so i picked up 2 of the 12 packs and went to check out. the man ringing me up smiled and said "sorry we are out of the 24 pack, it's cheaper than buying two 12 packs so i'll only ring you up for the price of a 24!" that didn't even occur to me! i was so grateful for his kind heart and simple act of service that it filled me with JOY! i just wanted to share some ways to spread christmas cheer to those around you!
- participate in the #LIGHTtheWORLD campaign, visit here for details.
- create new traditions with your significant other
- smile at people when you are our christmas shopping. even if you are frustrated because the lines are so dang long and people keep running into you.
- laugh. enjoy the moments with friends and family and just laugh.
- visit a widower and help decorate their apartment, watch a fun short video about this here
- think of random acts of kindness you could do throughout the day like help someone shovel snow, wipe off someones car window, call a friend you haven't talked to in a while
i only wrote 6 here, but there are so many things you can do to spread the cheer this holiday season. i'm so thankful for all the wonderful people who, some i know some i don't, have touched me this season. it truly is the most wonderful time of the year. :)